[bvipilots] A challenge for anyone who can write code.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "B V I Pilots" <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 08:20:22 -0400

Hello to all.
There is a great add on program for we who fly in FSX.
The program is called Edit Voice pack.
You can down load it at
www.editvoicepack.com
This program is tricky to use in jaws but is better to use in NVDA.
Robert's right hand man Lars is behind the project.
We would like to up grade the program and Lars just doesn't have the time to do it. 1. Would like to add additional endings to the transmissions that are already in the database. If you fly in the ICAO mode, at the end of your transmissions you'll hear, goodbye, thank you and so on.
Just would like to see more.
Maybe like have a good flight.
Good night to ATC.
And so on.
Would like to see the word alitude removed, and if you fly in the icao mode, you'll under stand why. 2. If you fly in the FAA mode, you don't hear these cute phrases at the end of the transmission in the FSX sound effects. But in the faa mode, when you talk to the tower for take off instructions, you do get a wind advisory.
Also, if you use the edit voice pack program.
in the FSX sound effects, if you fly IYP VA mode, you will hear It's Your plane 215 instead of just 215.
Also, would like to make this program even more bvi friendly if possible.
If anyone is interested in working on up grading the software, please get a hold of lars at
lars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now here is Lars letter that he wrote to me this morning.
If you find someone is interested on working on miproving EditVoicepack, they are welcome to contact me. There are of course requirements (if they want to do it to make money from it I'll probaly say no unless they have a very good story). I would not be too optimistic though - programmers who spend time on freeware tools tend to already have their own projects running. And you need to find So can we add additional cute saying to bring this program and fsx more and more realistic flying and to make it more bvi friendly?
Thanks.