[burpg] two PCB design competitions

  • From: Dean De Carli <ddecarli@xxxxxx>
  • To: burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 19:51:22 -0500

Hi everyone.

I hope your finals went well and you are all settled in for break. Joe has
been working on a telemetry system for us and we are in need of some simple
custom PCBs.

We need two boards:
(1) A GoPro breakout board. This will be a very simple PCB with a single
connector and and some holes.
(2) A RF breakout board. This will be a board to interface RF dev boards to
a USB serial interface. It will be compatible with both the receiver and
transmitter boards, as well as a few other configurable options. It will
have a microcontroller and some connectors. It is not trivial and will be a
graet leanring experience.

We know there are many people that want to make boards, so we are going to
ask everyone to make a design and we select the best ones to send out for
fabrication.

Please sign up your name and put an x in the appropriate columns on this
spreadsheet on the PCB signup sheet.

https://docs.google.com/a/bu.edu/spreadsheets/d/1xkTzWzF06rJg73i9VIpt63rkx1g4P92VL5bitpHo4Ds/edit#gid=2098113903

To get started, make sure you have a working installation of Altium
(preferably 2013 or 2014) and an Altium Design Content account (the account
is free, I promise) for access to the vault

At the new year we will distribute the specs and will absolutely help
however is needed. Contact me (ddecarli@xxxxxx), Joe (joebeau@xxxxxx) or
Matt (mowney@xxxxxx) with any questions!

--
Dean A. De Carli
Boston University

BU SEDS President
Rocket Propulsion Group Chief Systems Engineer