[burpg] What's going on with the rocket

  • From: Armor Harris <armorharris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 00:56:46 -0500

Hey guys,

So we've been trying to pull together a test this weekend and looked good
for it, but ultimately the tank isn't ready. The hydrotest made it to 820
psi before the pyro valve came off the aft bulkead.

The tank has some damage from the test that we'll have to repair-
specifically repairing NPT threads, the aft bulkhead pyro valve mounts,
fixing a dent in the aft flange, and sealing up some persistent leaks in
the welds.

All in all this will likely push back cold flow by about 2 weeks ish. The
good news is that the combustion chamber and airframe work will proceed as
scheduled so that we won't slip on that, and we won't impact the overall
project schedule as long as we hot fire in February.

Our next meeting will be *Monday night at 8pm in the wind tunnel lab *(remember
no class on Monday). Everyone who wants to work on the Rocket Propulsion
Group this semester should make an effort to be there or let Mehmet (
meak@xxxxxx) know if you can't be there. We'll talk more specifics then.

Best,
Armor