[burpg] Mk IIB Cold Flow/Maybe Hot Fire Game Plan

  • From: Armor Harris <armorharris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Timothy Coyne <tccjoseph@xxxxxxxxx>, ME310 Farny <farny@xxxxxx>, "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 01:49:34 -0400

Here's the game plan for Cold Flow testing our 200 lb thrust subscale Mk
IIb motor on Saturday the 27th in Sudbury. See attached schematic for
reference.

*Objectives: *

*Hydrotest- Sept 20*
Workmanship and design proof (need one working pressure transducer for this)

*Tank Drain Test- Sept 27*
-Chilled-N2O fill and drain test of tank to anchor tank drain model
-Control system checkouts

*Cold flow test- Sept 27*
-Verify GN2 pressurization for full duration drain

*Cold Flow Test II- Sept 27*
-Throttle setpoints: 3 seconds at 90 degrees, 3 seconds at 85 deg, 3 sec at
80, 3 sec at 75, 3 sec at 70, 3 sec at 60 deg

*Hot Fire I- Sept 27 or Oct 4*
- 10 second burn, check regression rates and nozzle ablation is an optional
objective. Will make a call on Monday 9/22 if we're going for this on Sept
27.

*Schedule:*
-Saturday/Sunday: Armor and Ben plan autosequences for testing, fuel grain
casting, assembly session
-Monday 22nd -Weds 24th: Hardware in the loop testing with Python Rocket
-Thurs 25th: Dry Run Testing with real sensors
-Friday 26th: Schedule margin/packing
-Saturday 27th: Test in Sudbury

*Electronics Checklist:  *
-Hyperion Programmed
-Sensors calibrated and tested
-Ground Software tested...including over wireless link
-Test with python rocket to find bugs...need to get this ready to go
-Data recorded in usable format
-Ground cables ready to go
-Ground laptop??? Do we need to buy that new computer now or use something
else?
-Gopro camera controller...beaglebone black (if we are gonna run 3-4 tests
we need to make sure we have enough video battery power)

*Ground Support Checklist:*
*-*Plumbing and connections leak checked
-All servos functional
-Do we have every valve and check valve and fitting we need
-N2O and low pressure GN2 tanks ordered (Armor)
-Test stand functional
-Cameras ready to go

*Rocket Checklist:*
-Main ox valve
-All fluid fittings and adapters and plumbing
-All screws we need
-Tank adapter and injector adapter