[burpg] Logistics for Saturday Launch

  • From: "D. Armor Harris" <davidh@xxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:58:07 -0400

Hey Everyone,

Here's some important logistical information for this Saturday:

Please meet outside of the Photonics Building on the St. Mary's street side
at 7:45am. Don't be late or we will leave without you! Just ask Chris
Hayes....

We will be back around 5pm

We will be taking a bus to the launch site and Cory will be driving his van
as well for cargo transport

Appropriate attire: IT'S GOING TO BE COLD. Ignore what the weather report
says- the site is on top of a hill unprotected from the wind, so it's
pretty cold up there. Wear jeans you don't care about getting dirty, a warm
jacket (or two), a hat and gloves. Also wear boots if you have them since
the ground will likely be soggy.

Bring $5 for pizza for lunch. No change, so make sure it's a $5 bill or 5
$1 bills.

Bring entertainment- we can only launch two rockets at once, so if you're
not prepping or retrieving your rocket there will be some down time. So
bring some homework or a book or movie or something if you have a short
attention span.

If bad stuff happens at the launch, my phone number is 503-896-7596.
Everyone at the launch should have that in their phones in case you get
lost retrieving a rocket or something.

If anyone has blankets or towels they don't mind getting dirty to lay down
on the ground, bring those.

Make sure you have everything you need to launch and recover your rocket.

Definitely bring cameras and binoculars and that sort of thing. It's a lot
of fun if you're prepared and last year we had a great time.

--
David Armor Harris
Boston University Rocket Propulsion Group