[burpg] Lecture Series #2: CAD, Thursday 8:00 pm

  • From: Jeremy Pedro <jmpedro@xxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:09:29 -0400

Hey everyone,

Second lecture series will be tomorrow, thursday 10/1 at 8:00 pm in PHO. We'll
probably be in room 203 but be aware that it may change depending on
availability.

This will be a very high level intro to computer aided design (CAD). We'll be
using solidworks and the lecture will highly resemble an ME356 intro lecture.
The school made a transition last year to PTC Creo as the default CAD package,
but our team is sticking with solidworks, so for those of you that only know
Creo, this is a good opportunity to learn a different software.

Things to bring:
Computer with Windows (not compatible with mac)
Mouse
Charger (i'll bring some extension cords)

If you do not currently have solidworks installed, come at 7:00 pm for a quick
install tutorial. Install should take about an hour. If you can't make it at
7:00 pm email me DIRECTLY (jmpedro@xxxxxx) and I will send you some
instructions.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Jeremy Pedro
Boston University Rocket Propulsion Group CFO