[burpg] Change of Plans for this Weekend

  • From: Armor Harris <armorharris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <burpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kallinich, William R" <wkallin@xxxxxx>, Timothy Coyne <tccjoseph@xxxxxxxxx>, ME310 Farny <farny@xxxxxx>, "White, Alice" <aew1@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:21:22 -0400

Hi Everyone,

We'll be changing our plans for this weekend and not launching the ASTRo
control system test rocket in New York as originally planned- this will be
pushed either to Nov 1/2 or Nov 28/29.

Drew feels that the control system isn't ready for prime time. It probably
has about a 90% chance of working well if we were to launch on Saturday,
but we need to do further due diligence to respond to some questions posed
by the TRA and FAA. We want to be 99.9% confident before it flies so we are
siding with conservatism here.

The Mk IIB test in Sudbury is still on for Saturday. We are proceeding with
minimal involvement from me as planned. I'll still be in the lab and go to
the test for reference but it will be best for the Mk IIB crew pretends as
if I'm not there so that they gain a better understanding of the rocket.
I'll be working on Mk V stuff.

Best,
Armor