[bulug] Re: [bulug]New to Linux, trying to perform a clean install of Ubuntu Studio on a freshly built machine

  • From: Sean Manton <sxmanton@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:44:11 -0400

Hmm, nevermind seemed to have got it working now. Set installer to nomodeset
and had to setup two software RAID volumes, one for boot and one for the
encrypted LVM. Set up encryption, then set up the LVM. Not sure why GRUB
wasn't installing before, I think it was just an issue of how I set up my
boot volume but it's working now. I think the nomodeset was the main thing I
needed though for it to actually boot.