[bulug] Re: Installfest Flyers

  • From: Ryan Mullen <rmullen@xxxxxx>
  • To: bulug-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:02:42 -0400 (EDT)

Argh!

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, MIDN Shomberg wrote:

I just wanted to let you know that the installfest is scheduled at the same
time as the freshmen engineering redsox game.  I won't be able to make it
for that reason, and I'm sure a lot of other ENG students won't be able to
make it for that reason.  Sorry, I didn't notice this earlier since you have
probably already set the time and won't want to change it for just a few
freshmen.  Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to come to another meeting some
other time.

It's not that I wouldn't change the date for just a few freshman - gladly I would - but there are many mechanisms already in motion that make this more easily said than done. The freshman ENG students are certainly more than welcome to bring their machines to a standard LUG meeting. They will be accommodated. In the meantime, enjoy the Sox game.

In other news, I've configured my EeePC with a bare install of Debian running Apache and apt-cacher. It's been 'seeded' with the current (as of tonight) updates required by the base Ubuntu install. A script will be provided to students that will gracefully make changes to Ubuntu's sources.list file and allow updates to be fetched internally rather than externally. Should provide a nice speed boost.

Sorry to hear about the freshman!

Ryan
_________