[budc] Re: Starboard Engine Not Working

  • From: "tim.cozens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "tim.cozens" for DMARC)
  • To: budc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 19:20:59 +0000 (GMT)

Yes that is right, the earths go to a central point and this may be corroded. The video shows a central point. The steps are :-
1 Check that there is 12v between the red terminal on the solenoid and any metal bit on the engine
2. If No then look for a central point and check it over (disconnect battery)
3. If yes disconnect the plug and socket on the Left hand side of the solenoid and check this over. It looks kike a vertical tube but should pull out easy enough.
4 There will be some evidence of corrosion of loose connections somewhere.

Take a 20 amp auto fuse as this may by US. The holder has FUSE written on it.

I can talk it through with you on Monday evening.