[budc] Nemo 32

  • From: Charles Taylor <latin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BUDC <budc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:50:39 +0100

Hi All

Anyone fancy diving to over 30 metres in unbelievably warm water in January? Then read on.

I'm planning an overnight trip to Brussels for the weekend of 12-13 January 2019, to dive at Nemo 33, travelling by Eurostar.

Nemo 33 is one of the deepest indoor swimming pools in the world. The deepest point is 34.5 meters. The diving tower contains 2.5 million litres of purified spring water, without chlorine. The average temperature is 30 degrees. After a short briefing you descend into the huge tube, which contains not only various levels, but also caves and two air chambers. All facilities are available. A fun part is that you have a view of the restaurant through a window. The only kit you'll need is a mask and computer, as Nemo provide all the rest.

The return fare on Eurostar, with ten or more participants, is £71. Once in Brussels I can get us a special package of 3 dives, 2 meals in the Nemo restaurant and an overnight stay in a nearby hotel - all for 129 euros.

Let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in coming, so that I can start the booking process.