[budc] Re: Dive plan for Saturday.

  • From: Andrew Hubbard <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: George Mitchell <george_mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 20:18:09 +0100

Dear All

I'm not the dive manager so it's not my call!

The weather today and right now is ok. We had a bit if a bumpy ride but
nothing to cause a problem. (We have had an interesting day in several ways
but you'll have to read Bryan's dive report in due course to find out why!)

The vis is down to 3-4m so not as good as it has been. The forecast for
tomorrow could best be described as marginal. My reading would be that it is
doable but may be a bit uncomfortable. A hardboat would definitely go! I
don't think it is even worth an early morning call as the forecast is for the
wind to increase to Force 5 late morning and continue to late afternoon. Wind
direction is from West and wave height 1m. All from Metcheck. Met Office has
a strong wind warning out but that finishes at Selsey.

It really depends how keen people are. Jenny and I will give it a miss having
dived today. Roy has said he will drop out. We have the boat box and O2.

Boat was fine today - no problems at all. Oil in port engine was being used at
same rate as starboard. We took spare oil in case but it was not needed.

Andrew

Andrew Hubbard
Sent from my iPad

On 10 Jul 2015, at 10:48, George Mitchell <george_mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The weather forecast is not looking the best (WeatherPro 20kts average 32kts
gusts, Wind Guru 15kts average, Weatheronline 17kts average around early
afternoon which is when we will be on site) lets be optimistic. Here is the
dive plan devised by Dani and me. Its Dani's Dive Leader Assistant Manager
Day so fingers crossed there is a meterological miriacle and the wind drops.
Please note breakfast at the Boat House and call Andrew to check the go/no go
and weather this evening. Any errors ommissions etc let me and Dani know
please.

thanks

George M

George Mitchell