[buaiaa] AIAA ANNOUNCEMENTS AND MEETING

  • From: Cory Absi <cory.absi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buaiaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:07:38 -0400

Hey Everyone!

So it has been a while since our last email, we have been having trouble
with google groups bouncing around emails and delivering them days late.  I
have decided to switch to freelists, so you should have all gotten a
subscription email before this and this email hopefully :)

So since it's been a while we have a lot of announcements to make:

*Meeting On Wednesday!*
There will be a meeting this *Wednesday, October 30th in room ME 245 from
6-7 pm*.  In light of the Harvard Business School conference some of you
were able to make today, we will be having a *portfolio/resume website
workshop*!  *So bring your laptop to the meeting* because we will be
setting up accounts and I will be showing you how to use the website
interface and going through the fundamentals of a website to show off your
work to future employers!  This is a great medium in which to display the
work I know most of you have already started on rocket team and other
projects for classes.

*AIAA Memberships*
I have discussed the topic of memberships with the other officers and we
have decided to subsidize your memberships for AIAA for $10 out of the $25
annual fee.  By doing this we can utilize our funding better to hopefully
take more of you to the Region I AIAA Conference later in April.  If you
follow this link:
http://www.aiaa.org/UniversityStudents/
And then click the Join today link at the bottom, you can start an
application online.  Make sure that you label yourself under the Boston
University Chapter when prompted.  To get reimbursed the $10, you must go
to the Student Activities Office and ask for a small dollar reimbursement
form.  Print out and attach the email receipt from AIAA to the form with a
staple or paperclip and have either Mehment (our treasurer) or I sign it at
one of the meetings.  For those of you who don't know where SAO is, it is
across the street from the left side of the George Sherman Union (GSU).  I
will see how many small dollar forms I can get and bring to the meeting,
but if you can try to pick one up.

*NASA Space Technology Research Fellowships*
Also, our faculty advisor, Professor Grace, has been in contact with
Jennifer Gruber and her husband Ron since the time they visited.  Ron
sent her information about a call for applications for the *2014 NASA **Space
Technology Research Fellowships.  Student applications are due **November
13, 2013*. See the attachment below for more information on applying.
 Sounds like a great opportunity!

*Intership Opportunity from AIAA Connections*
Rachel Andino, our student coordinator representative for AIAA sent me
information on an internship looking for applicants.  *Check out the link
below if you are interested in this aerospace related position*.  I know
most of you are freshman but it never hurts to start early and let them
know you are interested!
http://www.blueorigin.com/internships/

That's everything sorry this email was so long, hope to see you all this
Wednesday!

All the Best,
Cory Absi
BU AIAA President