[bsgroups] Re: Further answers

  • From: Vicki Frei <vkaryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:05:04 -0600

True, BJ.... though I think Shayne doesn't have that option, right? I'll probably use a combination of the two - local and online, depending on what else is going on, for instance if I'm in the middle of a HUGE download....

BJ wrote:
Ya know, we've been hacking away for well over a week at just getting apache set up for everybody and I never did get it to run a script locally. I'm just putting this whole issue aside and running on an already set up server online. I just can't be bothered any further right now with all this freaking malarky. Maybe down the road, but right now I'm trying to do PAYING work as well as this stuff, and there are only so many hours in a day. It seems stupid to fight with this right now, when I can just upload and test in a browser (how simple!!!)

Vicki Frei wrote:

Actually, you CAN set up local virtuals with the same sort of thing in the httpd.conf file; I did it a while back, when I had only one drive - now I've got so much else going on in this box that I just use a whole separate partition as doc root.

What's obtuse about apache is the way the "help" info is written, NOT to mention the docs online *sigh*.

Shayne, if you want to set up virtuals, let me look it over again and see if I can remember how I did it before.