[bsg] Oct 6 Bois d'arc trip

  • From: Hubert Hervey <hawkeyehub1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird alert <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:50:57 -0700 (PDT)

BSG Members,
The Dr. Lester Scitzes III Bois d'arc Arkansas Wildlife Managements Area field
birding trip for the Shreveport Bird Study Group is scheduled for Oct. 6,
Saturday.  I believe you will enjoy learning about this interesting area.  We
meet at the Bossier City, Chevron Station at the SW corner of I-220 and Benton
Hy, (LA 3), at 7 AM.  From there we will go to Cash Point to arrange car pools,
to minimize gasoline and travel expense.  Please remember to help the driver
with expenses.  Cash Point is located 2 or 3 miles north of the Chevron
Station.  Turn left at the Blue and White Water Tower, and go to the right near
the end of the main road.  Park on the grass near the light pole after you
cross
over the Red River levee.  I will have room for 3 to 5 persons with me.  The
drive to Bois d'arc is about 1 1/2 hrs from Cash Point.  You could just meet me
at Cash Point if the Chevron Station is overly crowded.  In case of prolonged
rain, as we had this week-end we could agree on the dates of Oct 7, or Oct 13
as
a rain out day, but I do not cancel for scattered showers.  Bring drinks, food,
insecticide, personal needs, a cafe is open two miles away with food and
facilities, in Spring Hill Arkansas.  I have agreed to stop at Lewisville, on
the return trip, so some of our members can purchase smoked meat products from
Burgess Famous Smoked Hams etc.  This is just for your personal use at home,
not
as a meal stop.  The return trip should offer an interesting drive along the
agriculture part of the Red River Valley in Arkansas between Garland City and
US
71, a 17 mile drive.  This is expected to end about mid-afternoon.  I would
appreciate a notification if you a fairly sure you can go.

Hubert
Hawkeyehub1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
925-9249