[bsg] NW Rapides Parish Birds - Rodemacher/Cleco Lake, May 7, 2013

  • From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsg <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 20:59:28 -0500 (CDT)

BIRD STUDY GROUP
I really haven't done a lot of exploration around Rodemacher/Cleco Lake but
figure there are areas where I can find chats, bobwhites, Prairie Warblers and
a few other expected birds not already on the list. The lake has undergone
dramatic fluctuations in water levels thanks to recent droughts so there has
been, at times, some decent fall shorebird habitat. And, one never knows what
migrants might appear during migration periods. I did find a roadrunner a few
summers ago about a mile west of the lake.

Jay Huner