[bsg] Hawk Watch Tomorrow

  • From: Hubert Hervey <hawkeyehub1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird alert <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:47:38 -0700 (PDT)

BSG Members,
I am almost ready for the hawk watch here in Stonewall tomorrow, Saturday,
September 22, from 10 til 3.  Come earlier if you would like as I have had
migrants each day this week, early.  Bring a side dish, your yard chair, long
distant eyes augmented by a spotting scope and binoculars or none of the above.

As announced I am prepared to show the birders favorite movie "The Big Year"
starting at 3 PM unless hawks are still flying overhead.  It lasts 1:45 hrs,
and
starts Jack Black, Steve Martin, and Owen Wilson plus a cast of hundreds of
birds.  I am not furnishing popcorn, but I will be glad to micro-wave your
popcorn for you so it will be fresh.  The usual disclaimer applies, I can't
guarantee many hawks, but it does certainly look promising after all the blue
skies and blah weather, with a front and clouds forecast for Saturday.
Hubert Hervey, 203 Hervey Dairy Rd. one mile south of Ranchette, off Linwood Rd
in extreme north De Soto Parish