[bsg] Fwd: [LABIRD-L] Western Kingbird, SE Rapides Parish, LA - J.H. Overton Recreation Area, Dec 19, 2013

  • From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsg <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:34:14 -0600 (CST)

BIRD STUDY GROUP
For those who are not on LABIRD.

Jay H.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: LABIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:31:39 -0600 (CST)
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Western Kingbird, SE Rapides Parish, LA - J.H. Overton
Recreation Area, Dec 19, 2013

This was a good day in terms of numbers of species but songbirds were not
numerous. Sort of nice to find a Western Kingbird. Site is an e-bird hotspot
and is included on the new ABA Louisiana bird guide. Disappointed to not find
any Fox Sparrows which were easy to find last winter at the site. But, last
winter, I usually found 15-20 White-crowned Sparrows each visit and only
managed one on this trip.

Jay Huner