[bsg] Fw: Some N-w La movement.

  • From: Terry Davis <trdavis22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:15:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, March 17, 2014 10:14 PM, Terry Davis <trdavis22@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I had a yard first on Saturday here in Bossier- and quite an unexpected one at
that. I was about to get in the truck when I hear a familiar tinny, descending
"tsew", then looked up to see a Savannah Sparrow on a utility line over the
parking lot. It quickly dropped into the yard adjacent a thick patch of white
clover and began foraging. This is quite odd for our orchard-like neighborhood.
There have been at least 2-3 Eastern Towhees in the yard shrubbery recently as
well. I only knew of a single bird earlier in winter that had been hanging in
an overgrown lot half-a-block away.

A FOS Black-and-White Warbler serenaded us with quite a few songs as we worked
in the 900 block of Captain Shreve in Shreveport today. I never did get a look
at it but the sound seemed to be coming from a large pecan tree along the
street. Spring has just about sprung!

Cheers,

\
Terry