[boot scriptor] Re: few questions on bscript

  • From: "Doctor xp" <doctor_xp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 06:14:08 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "LAM Chi-fung" <cflam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 10:02 AM
Subject: [boot scriptor] Re: few questions on bscript

> Hello Doctor xp,
>

> > Is /dev/ram0 a valid device in the Kernel, I think it needs a mount command
> > or other initialize command before being valid, have you tried /dev/cd0, it
> > worked well with me.
>
> I tried but not work in my case...... ~_~ may be I need further extract the
> file and find someone help modify the content inside

I don't know, I'm not a Linux expert, after all.

> > I need a minimalist distro to include in my 911 CD project as an alternate
> > recovery method, what is the one prefered ??
>
> you mean recover linux ? or Windows ?

I need primary to recover Windows (it's the de-facto OS in everywhere, it is
also the most likely to be corrupted), but having the ability to recover Linux
is also a good idea.
So I need a rescue distro that can help in fixing Linux problems, and have
read/write access to FAT32 and NTFS partitions.

> > Also I need the help from a Linux expert to edit post.rc in an initrd.gz
> > file (specifically the Windows 2000 Password reset disk).
>
> the origional one not work ??

No, it do work, but I need to further enhance it to suit my project.
The Win2K Password reset disk asks a lot of questions, and I like to automate
most of them, so that the user only select's which Windows installation to use
then select the wanted User.