[boot scriptor] CD Shell 2.1.0b released, 2.0 series version rollback

  • From: "Mike Ter Louw" <mterlo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bscript@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:02:02 -0500

Hi Everyone,

There was a big bug introduced in the last release of CD Shell, so I'm
rolling back the 2.0 beta to the previous release (build 16).  It's a very
stable release, so you shouldn't have any fears about using it unless you're
using an older 3rd-party module (eg. showgif) that is understandably
incompatible with the betas.  For a detailed account of which features are
included in this release, please go to the change log.

The features that were new in build 17 have been pushed into a new series of
betas for the next minor version (2.1) of CD Shell.  This is the version
scheme I should have employed back in June, so the main focus of this
release is the correction of this mistake.  The strange disc I/O bug
introduced in the last release may still be present, unfortunately.

New features in version 2.1.0b are as follows: the isolinux module has been
updated to version 2.11, a function to calculate the length of a string has
been added, some syntax highlighting definition files have been added to the
/tools folder, and various bugfixes.

If you had problems running build 17, and this new release works for you,
please let me know!

Thanks,
Mike