Broad Oak PS & ELC Mailing Newsletter No 20.doc

  • From: Lynne Atkinson <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: broadoak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:23:23 +0000

Newsletter No: 20

Date: 5 February 2008

Healthy School Days ? 10 ? 12 March

This year we are holding three special days with a theme of ?Healthy
Choices?.

During these days classes will be doing a range of activities that will
promote the making of healthy choices in diet, drugs and exercise.

As part of this we have invited Life Education to come and provide an
excellent opportunity to enhance our Drug Education programme.  They bring
experienced staff to work with our children and encourage them to make good
choices within drug education.  Most of their work will be on-board their
special bus!  A member of staff will always be present with the children.
This experience is one of the best in the country and therefore is not
cheap.  The school budget is going to pay for one third of the costs, the
PTA have agreed to pay for one third and parents are asked to contribute
one-third to the cost.

Whilst the cost per pupil is £3, the cost to you directly is only £1.
Please could you send this contribution in as soon as possible with the slip
at the bottom of this letter by FRIDAY 15TH FEBRUARY.  If individual
contributions are not received the school may provide alternative drug
education to your child.   More information about Life Education has been
posted on our website.

Disco ? Friends of Broad Oak Registered Charity No 1082746 ? Friday 29th
February 2008

Please complete the application form and ensure that a contact telephone
number is given.  Parent helpers are always welcome.

Infants: 6.30 ? 7.45 P.M.

Juniors: 7.45 ? 9.00 P.M.       Tickets £2.00

Please note that tickets must be purchased by Wednesday 27th February.

We must insist that all children are collected by a responsible adult at the
end of the disco and that a contact telephone number is available for each
child.

Broad Oak Services - Holiday Club

Once again, due to popular demand, the Care Club is running a holiday club
for this half-term holiday. The club will run from 9.00am ? 4.00pm each day
and will cost £12.00 per child per day.  A packed lunch will be needed.
Places will be limited so it is important that you book your child?s place
as soon as possible.  Please complete the slip below, stipulating which days
you require and for how many children.   Holiday Club Itinerary for the week
includes general fun and games with the following special activities:
Monday:  Croc Pots ? and Laptops; Tuesday: Fruit Kebabs-Cinema Afternoon;
Wednesday: Watch Calendar ? Face painting Afternoon; Thursday:
Bake-Chocolate Millionaire Cakes-Laptops; Friday: Oil Shakers and Bouncy
Castle

School Lunch ? Week 1 Beginning 11 February
Please ensure that dinner money is paid on Friday if you want dinners next
week.  Only £8.25 per week. Money should be given, via your child, to their
teacher in an envelope marked ?Dinner Money? with their name, class and
amount.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Spaghetti Bolognaise with herby garlic bread or Tuna & Sweet corn pizza,
half jacket potato, broccoli, salad.

Welsh pork meatballs, onion gravy or Pasta shells in tomato & mascarpone
sauce with crusty bread, sweet potato mash, carrots, swede, peas.

Fruity chicken curry with rice and naan or Tomato & lentil soup & toasted
pannini, jacket wedges, baby corn cobs, green salad.

St Valentines Day Lunch

Passionate Patties (Homemade Sausage Burger) OR Cupids Tart (Cheese & Tomato
Flan); Served with:

Valentines Arrows (Jacket Wedges) and Seasonal Vegetables

FUN FEAST

Sausage in finger roll with chips or jacket potato & salad tray

Mixed fruit cookies

Sticky toffee pudding with vanilla sauce.

Lemon & Sultana Semolina pudding.

Heavenly Surprise (Healthy oven baked donut) OR

Loving Spoonful (Rice Pudding & Mandarins) and Orange Lush

Ice Lolly or fruit

Usually available daily (subject to availability) stuffed jacket potatoes,
selection of sandwiches, salad, fresh or frozen yoghurt, fresh fruit, milk
or fruit drinks, homemade cakes and cookies.  Vegetarian/Religious diets
also available subject to demand

Team Points
Last week?s winners - Ash

Superstars! ? Week ended 1 February 2008

Mrs Yale's Class: Kiyan, Ethan, Gemma, Leah

Mrs Sutton?s Class: Connor, Katie
Mrs Wilson's Class: Leon, Shivam, Jack, Liam

Mrs Barker?s Class: Jake, Leah, Joe, Ryan

Mrs Ashton's Class: Anna, Lewis, Molly, Courtney, Lauren, William

Mrs Hughes' Class: Samir, Megan, Robert, Kieran, Ellie, Aidan

Mr Bromley?s Class: Declan, Sophie, Jason, Zahra,

Reading Activities coming up

We have two special events taking place in school; the Book Fair coming to
School from Wednesday 27 February and a Special Reading Activity Week from
Monday 3 March.  There will be more information provided in next week?s
newsletter.

Yours sincerely

Mr C M Metcalfe

Headteacher

RETURN TO SCHOOL OFFICE WITH CONTRIBUTION BY FRIDAY 15 FEBRUARY

LIFE EDUCATION ? DRUG EDUCATION

Dear Mr Metcalfe

I would like my child to visit the special Life Education bus and undertake
exciting activities to help them make choices about drugs.  I enclose £1
towards the costs.

Thank you.

Child?s Name: ________________________  Class: ___________
Signed:__________________________

-----------

PLEASE RETURN TO SCHOOL OFFICE WITH PAYMENT BY WEDNESDAY 27TH FEBRUARY

FRIENDS OF BROAD OAK (PTA) DISCO - FRIDAY 29th FEBRUARY 2008

No. of Infant tickets required     _____ @ £2.00 each      No. of Junior
tickets required     _____ @ £2.00 each

TOTAL ENCLOSED £_________

I CONFIRM THAT MY CHILD/CHILDREN WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE END OF THE DISCO
BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.

I CONFIRM THAT I CAN HELP AT THE INFANT DISCO / JUNIOR DISCO / BOTH

SIGNED____________________________ CHILD?S NAME ___________________ CLASS
__________

CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER______________________

-----------

PLEASE RETURN TO SCHOOL OFFICE WITH FULL PAYMENT BY FRIDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2008

BROAD OAK SERVICES (CARE CLUB) - HOLIDAY CLUB BOOKING SLIP

Please tick days required

Childs Name/Class

Monday 18

Tuesday 19

Wednesday 20

Thursday 21

Friday 22

Permission for my child?s face to be painted if they attend for this
activity:        Yes / No

I am aware of the terms & conditions and other information regarding Care
Club on the school website.

Legal Parent / Carer Signature: ____________________________ Date:

This e-mail is confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail
or take any action in reliance on its content.