[bristol-birds] wheels a'turning

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:33:47 EST

Hey folks,
     I don't want to reinvent the wheel, I want to build eighteen wheelers!
I invite the birders out there to join Butternut Naturalists, a Yahoo Group
(a free service, offering a listserve, calendar, filespace, bookmark
feature,etc.) that is intended for people of the region who want to share
information about nature oriented activities.  If you don't want your mailbox
filled up with messages that might include topics other than birds, I
recommend that you join and select the option of not receiving e-mail, like
the Vacation flag on freelists.  You can select the bird type messages to
read while viewing the archives.  You can also use the Calendar feature to
keep up with events like bird club meetings and field trips across the
region.  I have set the group up so that members can add Calendar events,
Bookmarks, Files and Photos on their own to share with the group.  I have no
doubt that the type of people attracted to this activity will exercise common
sense and courtesy in the use of this freedom.  Think of the Butternut
Naturalists group as a tool of bristol-birds and use its features in so far
as you find them helpful.  One possibility that I hope someone will explore
is the use of the Files feature to disseminate newsletters to interested
subgroups within the Butternut Naturalists.  I believe it can be set up so
that each local club can e-mail electronic newsletters to their own
subscribers only, while interested non-subscribers can view the newsletter
on-line if they wish.  Wallace, can you see that worm wriggling on the line
in front of you?  Anyway, if you're curious, click on the following address:
Look around.  If you like what you see, click on Join This Group and follow
the instructions.  Let's get these wheels a'rolling!
                           -              Don Holt, Central, Carter Co., TN
between birders and bird club of Southwest Virginia
Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS,Greeneville TOS
Chapter, Blue Ridge Birders Club, Butternut Nature
Club, Buchanan County Bird Club, Bristol Bird Club,
Clinch Valley Bird Club and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958