[Bristol-Birds] raceway raven reverie

  • From: Don Holt <dnldhlt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:03:23 -0500 (EST)

random thoughts on raceway ravens:

what are the instinctively preferred characteristics of a raven's nesting site

are there not enough natural nesting sites in our area for an expanding raven
population

do ravens instinctively seek out novel nesting sites as a way of adapting to
local conditions

do ravens learn to avoid certain nesting site types after failed attempts

will the decision about what to do about the raceway nest and/or raven pair be
made by upper management or by maintenance personnel

whoever decides, will they know the difference between crows and ravens, and
will it make a difference in their decision

would it make a difference in TWRA input should it be solicited

wouldn't it be good to educate those involved in order to ensure survival of
the breeding pair even though the nest might need to be sacrificed

are the ravens in question the same ones we have been hearing from the Slagle
Hollow side of Steele Creek park for the last few months

Don Holt
Steele Creek Park, Bristol, TN