[Bristol-Birds] proposed change re Field trip to Joachim Bible Refuge in Greene County November 8th

  • From: John Whinery <fall.branch.tn.bird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:18:59 -0400

The water level at Joachim Bible Refuge in Greene County is extremely low and after consulting with David Kirschke who also birded the area last weekend it may be much more productive to change locations for the November 8th field trip. We had hoped that there would be a good early concentration of ducks just before the refuge closes for the winter on November 15th, but that has not occurred.

One idea is to go a bit further west and visit the new Seven Islands State Birding Park in Kodak Tn. If anyone has another suggestion please let me know. Also please pass this information on to others who are not receiving the list-serve.

Sorry for this last minute proposed change, it may be relatively unproductive to go to Bible Refuge so making that trip now may be disappointing.
--

John Whinery
Fall Branch, Tn