[Bristol-Birds] Re: nice photo of a Red Crossbill coming to feeder near Erwin (courtesty Bryan Stevens)

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 21:58:29 -0400

Oops. I am just getting around to checking my email this evening. Sorry about that.

Yes, the update Wallace hinted at is that there are at least seven Red Crossbills coming to Mr. Caton's feeders. He counted at least that many birds today, and I suspect there could be even more.

Thanks Wallace for showing the pic.

I've provided Mr. Caton information about the status of Red Crossbill in the region, and explained they are considered uncommon as well as rather nomadic.

I think he is very pleased to be hosting his crossbill flock.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN