[Bristol-Birds] Re: incidentals

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 20:20:30 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding the Nightjar Survey: during a hike on Lone Oak Trail off of Dry Creek
Rd, my daughter and I heard 3+ Whippoorwills about 100 or so yards in from the
road at about 8:30-9:00 this evening.  We could not hear them from the road.
It
was still light enough to see.  We heard them about 2 or 3 switchbacks up the
trail as we were hiking out.  Also collected many ticks.

David Kirschke
Johnson City, TN