[Bristol-Birds] eBird intro corrections

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 22:06:49 -0400

A noteworthy correction to the email I posted about eBird should point out
that eBird is a program feature of the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology and
not a Cornell Bird Banding Lab program as I typed while getting in a big
hurry.

Other items of note:  I did not make it abundantly clear about the field
checklists.   I tried to use birding at Musick's Campground as an example
and didn't do so well.

So it should have been explained something like this:  If during the day
three or four different parties went to the campground and birded, either at
the same time or at different times throughout

the day,  the number of field lists reported for that day would be the
number of field lists posted to eBird that day by the birders who went
there.  If none of them posted anything to eBird

there would be nothing in the database.  If several of them posted a list to
eBird, then the database would reflect the number of field lists in the
database for that day.  There were a couple of

spacing problems and typos, etc. but I am not going to lists all  those
because it isn't important.

I hope that helps a little.