[Bristol-Birds] correction on notice about BBC meeting

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:27:20 -0400

Some of the words in my last post disappeared before I hit send.

The bio of our speaker, Rick Knight, should have read:

A life-long resident of Washington County, TN, Rick has been actively birding
for nearly 40 years, with extensive field experience from across North America.
 He is the author of "The Birds of Northeast Tennessee", now in its second
edition.  At the TOS annual meeting in Knoxville this past spring he was
presented with the TOS Distinguished Service Award.  As a contract biologist,
Rick has worked on Peregrine Falcon restoration in Tennessee, conducted
shorebird surveys in Alaska, studied trans-gulf migration from oil rigs in
Louisiana, been a birding guide in Alaska's Pribilof Islands, and participated
in the Zeiss search for the Ivory-billed Woodpecker.

Sorry for the omission.

Lois Cox

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

http://bristolbirdclub.org