[Bristol-Birds] ...and a partridge in a pear tree!

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:24:41 EST

On 12/24 while walking down my driveway, I had an idea....see whether I can
find birds to fit each of the twelve days of Christmas.  As it turned out, I
was able to, though several birds fit some of the categories.
1 (individual) - pileated woodpecker (also purple finch, chipping sparrow,
red-bellied    woodpecker, downy woodpecker, turkey vulture, red-tailed hawk,
American robin,    ruby-crowned kinglet)
2 (individuals) - rufous-sided towhees( also eastern bluebirds, field
sparrows, black     vultures, American crows, hermit thrushes)
3 (individuals) - house finches (also white-breasted nuthatches, blue jays)
4 (individuals) - golden-crowned kinglets
5 (individuals) - Carolina wrens
6 (individuals) - dark-eyed juncos (also Carolina chickadees)
7 (individuals) - northern cardinals
8 (individuals) - song sparrows
9 (individuals) - tufted titmice
10 (individuals) - white-throated sparrows
11 (individuals) - American goldfinches
12 (individuals) - mourning doves

Happy holidays!    John Moyle   Glen Alpine Road   Kingsport