[Bristol-Birds] Yellow-billed Cuckoo & Great Horned Owl

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 18:21:25 -0700 (PDT)

Last night at approximately 11:00 pm Jean Montgomery, Tom and I observed at our
leisure a Great-horned Owl.  The owl was sitting on a snag at tree top level in
woods adjacent to Jean's backyard.  Tom is attaching a photo of the owl.  Also
during this time, we heard a Yellow-billed Cuckoo calling.  I understand that
hearing the Cuckoo at night is not unusual,
but was a first for each of us.

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA