[Bristol-Birds] Virginia Rail at Meadoview

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:21:54 -0500

Feb 15, 2013
The Meadows Golf Course
Kingsport

Was out on the golf course at Meadowview in Kingsport this morning to see
if any Red-winged Blackbirds were singing yet. Had one male, but he wasn't
too cooperative. As I was walking along the edge of the cattails I flushed
a Virginia Rail. Was about to get some shots of Swamp Sparrows when a
female Cooper's Hawk flew into a nearby tree and shut down all activity.
This was all along the cattail strip below the rear parking area of Eastman
Credit Union on Reservoir Road.

--
Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee