[Bristol-Birds] Re: VSO Weekend a Success - Links to photos

  • From: "Don Carrier" <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 21:50:46 -0400

The BCBC is to be commended for this wonderful weekend convention. No detail
was overlooked. A secret covenant was forged with the local birds and no one
left disappointed. This is the type of fellowship I never really envisioned
when I took my first 'bird' photo last fall. Imagine me, a regular Joe out
with naturalists, ornithologists, botanists, and just simply good people. No
one thought I was green nor tried to coax me into his or her servitude. All
were more than willing to share years of knowledge and those 'secret' bird
hotspots.  Richard Kretz readily led a group of strangers to the visual
delight of a Swainson's warbler. This story was repeated over and over as
BCBC members led group after group into every nook and cranny of the park
and points beyond. Roger and Lynda were the most gracious of hosts,
welcoming my wife and I as long lost family, and going so far as to invite
us into their home. My wife Dawn and I not only had a glorious weekend with
the wonderful birds-right on the balcony of our room-but reaffirmed our
belief that selfless people still exist.

Don Carrier
Bristol, Tennessee

www.birdsgonewild.org