[Bristol-Birds] Unusual Oriole at Claytor Lake

  • From: Herdfanmark@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, NRVBirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:13:28 EDT

Greetings.
                 Recently I observed a very uniquely colored plumage I had
never seen  before. I was able to get some photos of the bird for later
comparison. Searching the web  for similar looking   birds, (of what I assumed
was an oriole) I ran across photos of 2  birds with very similar
characteristics Here:  _http://www.aba.org/birding/v39n5p62.pdf_
(http://www.aba.org/birding/v39n5p62.pdf)

So the best ID I could come up with Is " Aberrant Red-Orange  Baltimore
Oriole"
Three photos of this bird can be found at
_http://www.flickr.com/photos/53882638@N04/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/53882638@N04/)

Anyone else seen one of these?

Good Birding!