[Bristol-Birds] Unknown at Saltville

  • From: vicky_frye@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 00:55:27 +0000 (UTC)

I am not a water bird expert and unfortunately I have lent my camera but here
is a description of a new water bird among
the mallards in Saltville.
Mallard shape but slightly smaller, black except for white chest, a little
white behind bill, bill appeared black,
 legs tended toward dull yellow (it did get out of water on top of ice), eye
dark. Did not see it fly for any additional wing details.
Any help in ID would be appreciated. Vicky
PS: Snow goose still here.