[Bristol-Birds] Thursday evening migrants

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:03:01 -0400 (EDT)

Miserable weather for warbler-watching on Thursday, Sept. 15, , but my mom and
I still managed to see 7 species of warbler - Magnolia, Cape May,
Chestnut-sided, Hooded, Tennessee, Bay-breasted and American Redstart, male and
female.

No new fall warblers, but did get a nice look at female Summer Tanager (fall
first).

 Other migrants were Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Red-eyed Vireo and Ruby-throated
Hummers. Had to do all the viewing from the porch because of the steady drizzle
of rain and, this evening, I did put on a jacket.

It was a little chilly on Simerly Creek Road in Hampton.

Bryan Stevens,
Carter County, Hampton, TN