[Bristol-Birds] The Saturday Evening Migrant Show, Hampton, TN

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 22:24:52 EDT

Migration continued with a new cast of characters on Saturday, Sept. 13, at
my home on Simerly Creek Road, Hampton, Carter Co. TN.

Two additional warblers, Yellow-throated Warber and Cape May Warbler, pushed
the species total for the day to nine. They were also my first of the season
sightings of these two.

For only the second time ever, an Eastern Kingbird made a yard appearance,
perching for at least 90 minutes, off and on, at top of a dead blue spruce for
flycatching sallies. He was joined at times by an Eastern Phoebe, Eastern
Wood-Pewee and Cedar Waxwings. In addition, the Yellow-throated Warbler spent a
lot
of time fly-catching as well.

I forgot a species from my report for Saturday morning, an Eastern Towhee.

Otherwise, the only new bird for the day other than those mentioned above was
Common Nighthawk. I had about a half-dozen of these birds flying overhead.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new
fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.