[Bristol-Birds] Re: [TN-Bird] Avocets - Jefferson Co.

  • From: michael sledjeski <mbsledjeski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:55:01 -0400

A nice find - hopefully, they'll stick around for a while.  Avocets visit upper
Douglas Lake with some regularity.  In 2007, a small flock  stayed for a few
days at Dutch Bottoms.  There's a photo  of them at
http://www.pbase.com/image/93210514/original
I know of  five other sightings of likely-different pairs or individuals in the
area since then, the earliest of the year being 7/12/2009, the latest,
9/21/2007.

Michael Sledjeski
Del Rio TN