[Bristol-Birds] Swamp Sparrow at Steele Creek Park

  • From: "Steele Creek Nature Center" <steelecreeknaturecenter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:49:52 -0500

On Wednesday, 12/20/06, during a public birdwalk, Jeremy Stout and I saw a
Swamp Sparrow at the wetland near Rooster Front Park in Bristol, TN. I have
only found one previous record for the species in Steele Creek Park. We also
saw 2 Pied-billed Grebes, a Great Blue Heron and 2 Winter Wrens. Later that
day, at the nature center I saw a Sharp-shinned Hawk.

Larry McDaniel