[Bristol-Birds] Sullivan Cty water areas, Tues. Nov. 17

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 07:56:36 -0500

Gil Derouen and I birded Sullivan Cty. water areas yesterday, Tues., Nov. 17. Highlights:

One White-tailed Deer in the Austin Springs area on our way out

Paddle Creek:
Mallard 36
Great Blue Heron 1
Killdeer 1
Kingfisher 1

Weir Dam:
Wigeon 10
Bufflehead 40
Common Gallinule 1
Winter Wren 1
The Common Gallinule that has been around the Weir Dam for the last couple of weeks was in an area not visible from the parking area by the Weir Dam. It was upstream from the Weir Dam on the left in an area where there are quite a few trees and logs. We had good views by walking up the trail from the bridge below the dam to where we could view this area.

Rooty Branch Rd. beaver pond area:
Am. Black Duck 5
Mallard 45
Coot 1