[Bristol-Birds] Sullivan County Birds, Feb. 27

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:19:57 EST

Reece Jamerson and Bryan Stevens enjoyed a great stop at the Paddlecreek Pond
in Sullivan County at about 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 27.

We had nine species of ducks as well as a Red-tailed Hawk and Northern
Harrier. A few Killdeer and many, many Crows.

Ducks:
Ring-necked Duck- 114
Gadwall- 31
American Wigeon- 11
Mallard- 9
Lesser Scaup- 8
Wood Duck- 6
Canvasback- 5
Green-winged Teal- 4
Hooded Merganser- 2

We also re-located the wandering Cackling Geese reported already by Rick
Knight and Tom McNeil. This time, the four Cackling Geese and their Canada
Geese
companions were at the Meadowbrook Farm pond on Highway 44 near the turn onto
Cold Springs Church Road.

At Middlebrook Lake, highlights included 2 Great Blue Herons, 8 Hooded
Mergansers, a single Ring-necked Duck hen, three Mute Swans, Ring-billed Gulls
and 1
Herring Gull.

At Musick's Campground, we had three Common Loons, a Pied-billed Grebe and
Red-winged Blackbirds and Common Grackles.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN

 AOL now offers free email to everyone.