[Bristol-Birds] Sugar Hollow Park

  • From: "Don Carrier" <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:52:46 -0500

Does anyone know when Sugar Hollow park off exit seven of interstate 81
opens for the season?

I spent a lot of time there this summer photographing swamp insects, and
remember a lot of birds. I would like to go back but the gate is locked 'for
the season'. I do not know if foot travel is allowed. I snapped the attached
photo of a Green Heron at 1:00pm on 8/21/05. (The park is in Bristol Va.,
Washington County)  I had forgot about photographing the bird, but I was
working on my list tonight and ran across this shot.

Don Carrier
Bristol, Tennessee