[Bristol-Birds] Spotted a bald eagle

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 12:12:28 -0400

From: Mike Abbott
Date: September 21, 2015 at 8:04:22 PM EDT
To: <mailto:wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Wallace Coffey
Subject: Spotted a bald eagle

Hi Wallace -

My wife and I were traveling I-81 north on Friday, 9/18 around 10:15 a.m. and
saw a single bald eagle flying in an easterly direction over the interstate.
Got a really good look even though we were moving and could clearly see the
eagle's white head and tail feathers. Thought I would share the sighting with
you.

We live in Big Stone Gap, VA and have seen bald eagles near the Clinch River
near Spears Ferry in Scott County and while visiting the River Place on the
Clinch at Kyles Ford, TN.

Always a thrill to see them in SWVA.

Mike & Diane Abbott

Sent from my iPad