[Bristol-Birds] Re: Snowy Owl Brevard NC

  • From: Michelle <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 14:02:38 -0500

Update on Snowy...
Prognosis is good for a full recovery. Bird has no injuries. Apparently very
thin and weak. One thing that has been mentioned is that this bird was flushed
by observers several times over the short period it's existence was known. I am
happy to report that none of the photographers present Sunday morning were
flushing the bird. Obviously if you've just flown a few 1000 miles you don't
need to be harassed for a photo op. Something all birders should be mindful of
if we are lucky enough to entertain a Snowy in E. TN.

Michelle King
Blountville, TN
Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone