[Bristol-Birds] Shady Valley_Mountain City CBC + Bristol Planning Meeting

  • From: Robert Biller <merlin42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:00:01 -0500

Bristol Birders (and the surrounding area!)

With all this talk about Christmas Bird Counts, I wanted to make sure everyone
remembered the Shady Valley_Mountain City (Johnson County) CBC on January 1st,
2007.  One leader is going to be out of town this year and we can use all the
help we can get.

No better way to end a year by getting all those *easily missed* birds on the
Bristol CBC (Dec 31) and then start off the year right by coming to Shady
Valley_Mountain City area to help us on our 10th year of the count!

Both Counts + the Glade Spring Count in SW Virginia will be planned at the
Bristol Bird Club December meeting on Tuesday, December 19th at the Steele
Creek Park Conference room (building across the parking area from the Nature
Center).  Or if you would like to email me at merlin42@xxxxxxxxxxx, I will mark
you down!  Either way would be great!

I compile the Shady Valley_Mountain City count and it usually is my 5th of the
season.
The best part about these counts is you don't have to be the *best* birder out
there to help -- these counts can be very overwhelming to small parties and the
more sets of eyes the better!  Come on out and enjoy the fun!

Rob Biller
Compiler Shady Valley_Mountain City CBC
Elizabethton, TN