[Bristol-Birds] Selasphorus still here

  • From: Katherine <ednkan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bristol birds Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Brooks <jbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:18:03 -0500

The Selasphorus hummingbird (probably a Rufous) that showed up 2 days ago is
still regularly coming to my feeder, even in the snow.  If you would like to
see pictures from today I have added several more pictures from this morning
to the web gallery at:
http://macronut.smugmug.com/gallery/6607994_zYETE#421144851_qi8Sa

There must be other hummers out there that are being missed by people.  I
took my feeders in over night so they wouldn't freeze and put them out about
7-7:30 AM.  These fall hummers have started feeding right around 8 AM.

Kathy Noblet
Johnson City, TN