[Bristol-Birds] Sandhill Cranes at Musick's

  • From: "SoMrFly ." <rackcross@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 20:22:13 -0500

Musick's Lakeside Campground
Sullivan County, Tennessee
Rack Cross
.
Following the Shady Valley CBC today I stopped at Musick's to watch the
sunset. I saw the lake shore below Washington County, VA Campground
blanketed in the snow-like white of a large flock of gulls. They were soon
airborne and looking like a reverse blizzard after being provoked by a trio
of Sandhill Cranes walking down the bank toward them. The Cranes took
flight chattering over Musick's Campground and disappearing in the
southwestern sky.
During the stay I was treated to the following avian cast:
.
Mallard 2
Red-breasted Merganser 1
Pied-billed Grebe 13