[Bristol-Birds] Sandhill Cranes at Glade Spring, VA

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:49:53 -0400

Glade Spring
Washington Co., VA

Kevin Hamed left a message at my home at 6:04 p.m.
this evening reporting that while he was driving in the
north bound lane of I-81 this evening he observed five
(5) Sandhill Cranes flying in the same direction as he
was traveling (east by compass).  Due to the traffic,
he was not able to slow or stop to get a more extended
observation.  This is at the Glade Spring Exit 29 of I-81
where VA Rt. 91 (between Glade Spring and Damascus)
passes under the interstate.

Let's go birding . . . .