[Bristol-Birds] Rural Retreat

  • From: vicky_frye@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 01:55:05 +0000 (UTC)

Spent late afternoon at Rural Retreat Lake: 1 male Long Tail, Red Breasted
Mergansers, Ring Necked ducks, Scaups, Coots, Ruddy ducks  and finally I got to
see  Red Necked Grebes along with, I think both Eared and Horned Grebes as I
looked through scope. Oh, what a grebe day!
Vicky Frye

PS- Spotted a white-winged scoter in Tazwell county on Cochran Hollow Rd above
the Mill on Friday, Mar 7 at 2pm. if that hasn't been reported.