[Bristol-Birds] Roan Mtn. Butterfly Count

  • From: Don Holt <dnldhlt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 21:58:20 -0400 (EDT)

The NABA Roan Mtn., TN Butterfly Count will be held Saturday, July 16, 2011.
We will meet at 10 am at Roan Mtn. State Park in Tennessee, by the big green
waterwheel at the Visitors' Center.  The count circle's center is at Carvers
Gap.  I will lead the group from the Visitors' Center to Hampton Creek Cove
State Natural Area for the morning, then after a lunch break at Mad Martha's
Restaurant in Roan Mtn. Village, we will proceed to the Rhododendron Gardens
above Carvers Gap.  As weather at the top is often unpredictably different from
the valley, there are several alternate sites we can choose from should the
Gardens be unproductive.  Anyone wishing to count as a separate party in other
locations may contact me to coordinate our efforts.  My cellphone # is 423 483
0470.  The NABA fee is $3 per participant.  If we are rained out I will post a
make up date which will most likely be the following Sat., JUL 23rd.

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN